How Do I Only Show Text Message Names On Android? “
Android users may be familiar with the fact that text messages default settings display both the contact name as well as the message content on the notification bar or lock screen. This may not be the best option for people who value privacy or who wish to keep their messages secret from prying eyes. There are options to hide text messages names from Android.
This article will discuss different ways to display only text messages names on Android. This article will provide a step by step guide to how to set up the settings to protect your messages. We’ll also discuss the benefits and drawbacks of these methods.
Method 1: Use the built-in feature in Android
You can show only text messages names on Android by using the built in feature found with many Android devices. This is the easiest and fastest way. These are the steps:
- Go to the settings app and unlock your Android device.
- Tap on the “Apps and notifications” option.
- Scroll down to find the messaging app that you are using and click on it.
- Tap on “App notifications”
- Click on “On the lock screen” to select “Show silently.”
- Make sure “Sensitive is on”.
These steps will only show the name of the person that sent you the text message, not the contents. You will still be notified that you have received a message.
Method 2: Use an app from a third-party company
A third-party app can also be used to display only text messages names on Android. This feature is available in a variety of apps on the Google Play Store, but the most widely used one is “SMS Organizer”. Here are the steps to use it.
- Install the SMS Organizer app via the Google Play Store.
- Go to Settings in the app.
- Scroll down until you find “Notification settings”, and tap on it.
- Turn it on by looking for “Message notification”.
- You should ensure that “Sender & message preview” is off.
These steps will allow you to only see the name and not the contents of a text message sent by someone else. You’ll be able archive and categorize all your messages to make it easier to manage your inbox.
Method 3: Use “Do not disturb”
You can only display text messages names on Android by using the “Do not disturb” feature. Here’s how it works:
- Go to the settings app for your Android device.
- Tap on the “Sound and vibration” option.
- Tap on “Do Not Disturb.”
- Scroll down to find “Exceptions”, then tap on the “Messages” button.
- Select “Custom” then uncheck “Show Silently”.
These steps will only show you the name of the person that sent you a message via text, not the contents of the message. This method is not ideal as you will not be able receive notifications from other apps or calls.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Q1. Q1. Can I show only text messages names on Android? A1. A1.
Q2. Q2. Will I still be notified if I show only text messages names on Android?
Can I Create A System Repair Disc On Usb Windows 10?